When I was checking out a code in a svn repository which can only connect through https, started giving me errors as following.
SSL handshake failed: SSL error: Key usage violation in certificate has been detected.
This is caused by a bug in the version of libneon, fortunately this is fixed in version 0.29.3.
To fix the problem, please follow the steps
- Uninstall the current libneon package: sudo apt-get remove libneon27
- Download the latest libneon package http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libneon27
- Install the required libssl dependency: sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.8
- Install the downloaded libneon package: dpkg -i libneon27_0.29.3-3_amd64.deb
- Make the changes to symbolic links as described above: sudo mv /usr/lib/libneon-gnutls.so.27 /usr/lib/libneon-gnutls.so.27.old sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libneon.so.27 /usr/lib/libneon-gnutls.so.27